To choose between lenovo tab m8 fhd and an iPod Touch, the features of each device must be considered carefully. This will reveal which one can best address a person’s specific needs or requirements.
The two gadgets are really much the same, except that a smart phone can make phone calls, whereas an iPod Touch cannot. So, if the person needs a phone, he should go for a smart phone. But if he doesn’t want a phone or already has one, perhaps the iPod Touch would be the better choice.
The main features of an iPod Touch are:
· It can play music, videos and games.
· It can be used to surf the Internet through a WiFi connnection. One can visit social networking sites, send and receive emails, and watch YouTube videos.
· It has a resistive touch screen which makes for enjoyable gaming and easy online navigation (and offline device navigation as well).
· Apps can be downloaded and used on the iPod. There is a huge number of apps to choose from, including productivity and utility apps, games, multimedia players, educational apps, books, magazines, newspapers, maps, graphics apps, and so on.
· It has two cameras: one forward-facing and the other rear-facing.
· It has ample flash memory: 32 GB or 64 GB on available iPod models.
· It is very stylish, and looks much like an iPhone.
If these features are what a person is looking for, then he can happily choose an Touch over a smart phone. Again, should he need a gadget that can make calls, he should choose a smart phone. In he goes in this direction, he should be aware that not all smart phones are alike. They have different capabilities and features. There is a wide variety of smart phones to choose from, from different manufacturers such as Samsung, Sony Eriksson, Nokia, HTC, Palm, Motorola and, of course, Apple. Some phones have more features than others. They also operate using different systems or operating platforms. Apple uses the iOS platform, which is what powers the iPod Touch, iPhone and iPad. The Android operating system is seen in more smart phones, such as those by HTC and Samsung, and is increasingly gaining in popularity.
In addition to making phone calls, a smart phone usually has these features:
· Internet connectivity, through WiFi and/or cellular networks such as 3G or EDGE
· Other connectivity features: bluetooth, infrared, USB ports, flash storage
· PDA (personal digital assistant) features such as calendars, contacts or address books, to-do tasks, notes and others
· Keyboards, which may be the QWERTY-type, slide-out, or on-screen
· Music and video player
· Document viewing and/or editing capability
A number of these features are already built-in on the iPod Touch. Those that are not can usually be installed by downloading iPod Touch apps. To date, there are over a hundred thousand iPod Touch apps available in the Apple Store. It is just a matter of finding the right apps to install to meet a person’s particular needs or satisfy his whims.